Waiting to Exhale ~ PRANAYAMA
'ask dorothy' | Q & A
The WISDOM podcast Season 3 Episode 64
~ Pranayama breathing guides us into the ease of pure existence. ~
Do you ever catch yourself holding your breath? Perhaps in anticipation, in anxiety, in the realization that something is not going as you had hoped?
Maybe your hold your breath when you think about what magic lives in store for you and your future - like when you daydream and wish and manifest your heartfelt desires?
Pranayama is a Sanskrit word formed by two words. Prana means a subtle life-force / ‘vital energy’ / ‘breath of life’ which gives energy to the mind and body (it is also translated as the substance of the astral world) and ayama which signifies the voluntary effort to expand, lengthen and direct life-force or prana.
Pranayama, therefore, means “extension of life force.”
Waiting to exhale is the other side of waiting to enjoy life’s precious moments because you are focused in the end goal rather than the entire journey and what more you seek and learn from the total sum of your experiences.
The lessons are the magic. They are the ways in which life avails to us the importance of our path ~ of the miracles that continue ceaselessly all around us and in all moments and with our conviction.
What are you waiting for?
What are you wishing to change or have or be that seems far reaching and yet perfect for you to discover and experience now? The perfect basis of your beautiful nature lives inside of you. To seek and know it is the essence of life in its truest form.
Sending you great 💜 love...
Sharing the wisdom and beauty of divine love with you...
If you have a question or if you would like my guidance or help, connect with me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all Episodes of The WISDOM podcast here
Love in your inbox? Subscribe to my weekly WISDOM Notes here
More WISDOM and resources on The Yoga Sutras:
* PRANAYAMA ~ Extension of Life Force [The WISDOM Podcast S3 E63]
* How to Breathe Deeply with Pranayama Breathing [A Pranayama Practice with dorothy]
* ASANA ~ A State of Being [Podcast S3 E61]
The Niyamas Series
* SAUCHA ~ Purification [Podcast S3 E49] * The Niyamas Series: 1/5
* SANTOSHA ~ Contentment [Podcast S3 E51] * The Niyamas Series: 2/5
* TAPAS ~ Self-Discipline [Podcast S3 E53] * The Niyamas Series: 3/5
* SVADHYAYA ~Self-Study [Podcast S3 E55] * The Niyamas Series: 4/5
* ISVARA PRANIDHANA ~ Surrender [Podcast S3 E57] * The Niyamas Series: 5/5
The Yamas Series
* APARIGRAHA ~ Non-Attachment [Podcast S3 E47] * The Yamas Series: 5/5
* BRAHMACHARYA ~ Non-Excess [Podcast S3 E45] * The Yamas Series: 4/5
* ASTEYA ~ Non-Stealing [Podcast S3 E43] * The Yamas Series: 3/5
* SATYA ~ Truthfulness [Podcast S3 E41] * The Yamas Series: 2/5
* AHIMSA ~ Nonviolence [Podcast S3 E39] * The Yamas Series: 1/5
* The 10 Sacred Habits of Meditation [Online Course @ The School of WISDOM]
* The Four Essential Principles of Meditation [Online Course @ The School of WISDOM]
* Self-Love is 'Being Love' [Podcast Episode S3 E29]
* Live Your Greatness [Podcast Episode Season 1 Episode 1]
* Self-Love: A Meditation to Heal Your Life [The Wisdom Archives]
* Work with Me [Life Coaching & Therapy]
A generous 'thank you' to Audio Engineer, P. Kirpikau radioplato
Podcast Theme Music: 'Aura' from the Album, Illuvia by Eternell www.eternell.net/album/illuvia