Tuesday Jul 19, 2022
Tuesday Jul 19, 2022
PRANAYAMA ~ Extension of Life Force ~
The Fourth Limb of The Yoga Sutras Part 1/2
The WISDOM podcast Season 3 Episode 63
~ Pranayama breathing guides us into the ease of pure existence. ~
Pranayama is a Sanskrit word formed by two words. Prana means a subtle life-force / ‘vital energy’ / ‘breath of life’ which gives energy to the mind and body (it is also translated as the substance of the astral world) and ayama which signifies the voluntary effort to expand, lengthen and direct life-force or prana.
Pranayama, therefore, means “extension of life force.”
Pranayama is essentially a process by which prana is controlled by regulating the breathing voluntarily. It involves a temporary pause or interval in the movement of breath.
The practice of pranayama according to the sutras helps in transforming the total personality by clearing mental obstructions, purifying the subtle channels (nadis) with prana flow, awakening dormant vital forces in the body, focusing attention, developing concentration and improving overall health and vitality.
Pranayama aims primarily at controlling the mind and suspending the mental activity and ego-consciousness in order to bring about a still mind. When the mind still and the breathing calm, the inner light of the true self shines radiantly.
The light of the self is always pure even though it is affected by the filters of the mind. When the filters (belief systems, mindset, thought, biases) are removed – as it is a state of pure awareness – there is only one pure light ~ the true self.
Join me for this beautiful exploration of the fourth limb of the Yoga Sutras ~ PRANAYAMA.
Sending you great 💜 love...
Sharing the wisdom and beauty of divine love with you...
If you have a question or if you would like my guidance or help, connect with me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all Episodes of The WISDOM podcast here
Love in your inbox? Subscribe to my weekly WISDOM Notes here
More WISDOM and resources on The Yoga Sutras:
* How to Breathe Deeply with Pranayama Breathing [A Pranayama Practice with dorothy]
* ASANA ~ A State of Being [Podcast S3 E61]
The Niyamas Series
* SAUCHA ~ Purification [Podcast S3 E49] * The Niyamas Series: 1/5
* SANTOSHA ~ Contentment [Podcast S3 E51] * The Niyamas Series: 2/5
* TAPAS ~ Self-Discipline [Podcast S3 E53] * The Niyamas Series: 3/5
* SVADHYAYA ~Self-Study [Podcast S3 E55] * The Niyamas Series: 4/5
* ISVARA PRANIDHANA ~ Surrender [Podcast S3 E57] * The Niyamas Series: 5/5
The Yamas Series
* APARIGRAHA ~ Non-Attachment [Podcast S3 E47] * The Yamas Series: 5/5
* BRAHMACHARYA ~ Non-Excess [Podcast S3 E45] * The Yamas Series: 4/5
* ASTEYA ~ Non-Stealing [Podcast S3 E43] * The Yamas Series: 3/5
* SATYA ~ Truthfulness [Podcast S3 E41] * The Yamas Series: 2/5
* AHIMSA ~ Nonviolence [Podcast S3 E39] * The Yamas Series: 1/5
* The 10 Sacred Habits of Meditation [Online Course @ The School of WISDOM]
* The Four Essential Principles of Meditation [Online Course @ The School of WISDOM]
* Self-Love is 'Being Love' [Podcast Episode S3 E29]
* Live Your Greatness [Podcast Episode Season 1 Episode 1]
* Self-Love: A Meditation to Heal Your Life [The Wisdom Archives]
* Work with Me [Life Coaching & Therapy]
A generous 'thank you' to Audio Engineer, P. Kirpikau radioplato
Podcast Theme Music: 'Aura' from the Album, Illuvia by Eternell www.eternell.net/album/illuvia