Tuesday Dec 27, 2022
Tuesday Dec 27, 2022
DHARANA ~ Focus The Mind With The Heart
The Sixth Limb of The Yoga Sutras
'ask dorothy' | Q & A
The WISDOM podcast Season 3 Episode 69
~ “Focus your mind where your heart lives far more of the time.” ~
Dharana, a Sanskrit word meaning concentration is the sixth limb of yoga in the Ashtanga yoga system—also called the eight-limbed path. The goal of dharana is to bind your consciousness to one particular object, activity, place, or idea.
As we explore further the sixth limb of the yoga sutras – and how specifically to apply the teachings of dharana, in this episode of ‘ask dorothy’ I would like to offer something quite extraordinary ~ to practice dharana engaging your heart wisdom.
What if you practised the one-pointed focus of dharana of complete and deliberate concentration as you align both your heart and mind toward any of your heart’s desires ~ and to all things ~ that are most wanted?
We do this quite naturally as a function of our heart’s outpouring of desire.
If there is something important that you want that you want, you hold focus and place your attention on your desire and you also engage the physical steps needed to attain this.
Now what if you cultivated the magic and the discipline of one-pointed focus, allowing the heart’s wisdom to guide and influence what you want to manifest.
Let your mind engage with your heart’s true desire. This is how to focus the mind on only what is wanted.
Sending you great 💜 love...
Sharing the wisdom and beauty of divine love with you...
If you have a question or if you would like my guidance or help, connect with me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all Episodes of The WISDOM podcast here
Love in your inbox? Subscribe to my weekly WISDOM Notes here
A generous 'thank you' to Audio Engineer, Pavel Kirpikau for your incredible help! platosound.com
Podcast Theme Music: 'Aura' from the Album, Illuvia by Eternell eternell.net
More WISDOM... More on The Yoga Sutras:
* DHARANA ~ Concentration [Podcast S3 E67]
* PRATYAHARA ~ Awareness of the Senses [Podcast S3 E65]
* Waiting to Exhale ~ PRANAYAMA [Podcast S3 E64]
* PRANAYAMA ~ Extension of Life Force [Podcast S3 E63]
* The Seat of Mediation ~ ASANA [Podcast S3 E62]
* ASANA ~ A State of Being [Podcast S3 E61]
The Niyamas Series
* SAUCHA ~ Purification [Podcast S3 E49] * The Niyamas Series: 1/5
* SANTOSHA ~ Contentment [Podcast S3 E51] * The Niyamas Series: 2/5
* TAPAS ~ Self-Discipline [Podcast S3 E53] * The Niyamas Series: 3/5
* SVADHYAYA ~Self-Study [Podcast S3 E55] * The Niyamas Series: 4/5
* ISVARA PRANIDHANA ~ Surrender [Podcast S3 E57] * The Niyamas Series: 5/5
The Yamas Series
* APARIGRAHA ~ Non-Attachment [Podcast S3 E47] * The Yamas Series: 5/5
* BRAHMACHARYA ~ Non-Excess [Podcast S3 E45] * The Yamas Series: 4/5
* ASTEYA ~ Non-Stealing [Podcast S3 E43] * The Yamas Series: 3/5
* SATYA ~ Truthfulness [Podcast S3 E41] * The Yamas Series: 2/5
* AHIMSA ~ Nonviolence [Podcast S3 E39] * The Yamas Series: 1/5
* How Do I Become Whole? [Podcast Episode S2 E56]
* Forgiveness IS F R E E D O M [Podcast Episode S3 E35]
* Self-Love is 'Being Love' [Podcast Episode S3 E29]
* Live Your Greatness [Podcast Episode Season 1 Episode 1]
* Self-Love: A Meditation to Heal Your Life [The Wisdom Archives]
* Work with Me [Life Coaching & Therapy]
A generous 'thank you' to Audio Engineer, P. Kirpikau radioplato
Podcast Theme Music: 'Aura' from the Album, Illuvia by Eternell www.eternell.net/album/illuvia