ISVARA PRANIDHANA ~ Surrender ~
The Niyamas Series: 5 of 5
The WISDOM podcast Season 3 Episode 57
~ The yogis remind us that we can live in the rhythm of surrender all of the time unless we (as I did) get in our own way. ~
Isvara Pranidhana implies that there is a divine force at work in our lives.
Whether we call it God, grace, guardianship, or life, this force is greater than we are and cares deeply about us.
Isvara Pranidhana is the fifth Niyama or observance that originates in the ancient text of the Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali.
The Yoga Sutras or ‘threads’ (as this word translates from Sanskrit) are a collection of 196 short verses that serve as a guide to attain wisdom and self-realization on how to live in order to advance along a spiritual path towards enlightenment.
Beyond the postures of yoga, the scripture of the yoga sutras provides the disciplines and observances that guide you in a practical and sacred methodology – to bring greater understanding to your life experiences and the guidance for taking ownership of your life, directing it towards the fulfillment that you seek.
Isvara refers to an all-pervading consciousness; pranidhana means “to surrender.” Together, these words may be translated as a “trustful surrender to a higher power to God ~ or the universe.”
The last and most important of the Niyamas, and perhaps the most difficult to embrace, isvara pranidhana is not a process of defeat or of mindlessly submitting to the will of another, rather it invites us to be active participants in our life, totally present and fluid with each moment, while appreciating the magnitude and mystery of what we are participating in.
Ultimately this observance invites us to surrender our egos, open our hearts and accept the higher purpose of our being.
We all have experienced what it means to surrender. Surrender is described as being ‘in the flow’ or ‘in the zone’.
We surrender to the grand and perfect moments of witnessing a constellation light up the night sky, or the simple and perfect moments of breath in the presence of now ~ and as we recognize that there is nothing we need to do to feel our innate happiness except appreciate the beauty that originates in this moment now before us.
Sending you great 💜 love...
Sharing the wisdom and beauty of divine love with you...
If you have a question or if you would like my guidance or help, connect with me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all Episodes of The WISDOM podcast here
Love in your inbox? Subscribe to my weekly WISDOM Notes here
More WISDOM and resources on the Niyamas:
* The Yamas and Niyamas. Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice [Book by Deborah Adele]
* SAUCHA ~ Purification [Podcast S3E49] * The Niyamas Series: 1/5
* SANTOSHA ~ Contentment [Podcast S3 E51] * The Niyamas Series: 2/5
* TAPAS ~ Self-Discipline [Podcast S3 E53] * The Niyamas Series: 3/5
* SVADHYAYA ~Self-Study [Podcast S3 E55] * The Niyamas Series: 4/5
The Yamas Series
* APARIGRAHA ~ Non-Attachment [Podcast S3 E47] * The Yamas Series: 5/5
* BRAHMACHARYA ~ Non-Excess [Podcast S3 E45] * The Yamas Series: 4/5
* ASTEYA ~ Non-Stealing [Podcast S3 E43] * The Yamas Series: 3/5
* SATYA ~ Truthfulness [Podcast S3 E41] * The Yamas Series: 2/5
* AHIMSA ~ Nonviolence [Podcast S3 E39] * The Yamas Series: 1/5
* How Do I Become Whole? [Podcast Episode S2 E56]
* Forgiveness IS F R E E D O M [Podcast Episode S3 E35]
* Self-Love is 'Being Love' [Podcast Episode S3 E29]
* Live Your Greatness [Podcast Episode Season 1 Episode 1]
* Self-Love: A Meditation to Heal Your Life [The Wisdom Archives]
* Work with Me [Life Coaching & Therapy]
A generous 'thank you' to Audio Engineer, P. Kirpikau radioplato
Podcast Theme Music: 'Aura' from the Album, Illuvia by Eternell www.eternell.net/album/illuvia