APARIGRAHA ~ Non-Attachment ~
The Yamas Series: 5 of 5
The WISDOM podcast Season 3 Episode 47
~ Aparigraha is the teaching of letting go – ‘of detachment’ and release. ~
So here we are. This is the fifth and final episode in a series on the yamas – moral disciplines that guide us to a life that is built in grace and harmony – and a conscious path that shapes our honourable choices and a life that is cherished and blissful.
I have truly enjoyed every moment of sharing with you these five ancient wisdom teachings called yamas. Yama is a Sanskrit word for “restraint”. The five yamas in this series include: nonviolence or Ahimsa, truthfulness - Satya, non-stealing or Asteya, non-excess - Brahmacharya, and non-possessiveness - Aparigraha.
The yamas and the niyamas - the niyamas are the focus of the new series we begin together next ~ are both founded on a governance of moral and ethical conduct ~ modelling what teaches us a holistic and reverent approach to living life more fully and deeply – and in a way that honours our needs and desires to seek all that we wish for.
With trust in life to support you, there is no need to hold attachments to things and people. Unhealthy attachments can unconsciously create unrealistic expectations, criticisms, and disappointments all because we forget to have faith in ourselves, in life; and to exist in the present moment ~ to exhale – to let go – to feel full of our own self-worth and self-love.
Like the breath when it is held too long, what nourishes us can become suffocating if we resist the natural flow of receiving and releasing and letting go.
Listen on as I share the three ways that you can practice aparigraha of which honour the values that uphold a most august way of life.
Sending you great 💜 love...
Sharing the wisdom and beauty of divine love with you...
If you have a question or if you would like my guidance or help, connect with me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all Episodes of The WISDOM podcast here
Love in your inbox? Subscribe to my weekly WISDOM Notes here
More WISDOM and resources on the Yamas:
* The Yamas & Niyamas [Book by Deborah Adele]
* APARIGRAHA ~ Non-Attachment [Podcast S3 E47] * The Yamas Series: 5/5
* BRAHMACHARYA ~ Non-Excess [Podcast S3 E45] * The Yamas Series: 4/5
* ASTEYA ~ Non-Stealing [Podcast S3 E43] * The Yamas Series: 3/5
* SATYA ~ Truthfulness [Podcast S3 E41] * The Yamas Series: 2/5
* AHIMSA ~ Nonviolence [Podcast S3 E39] * The Yamas Series: 1/5
* How Do I Become Whole? [Podcast Episode S2 E56]
* Forgiveness IS F R E E D O M [Podcast Episode S3 E35]
* Self-Love is 'Being Love' [Podcast Episode S3 E29]
* Live Your Greatness [Podcast Episode Season 1 Episode 1]
* Self-Love: A Meditation to Heal Your Life [The Wisdom Archives]
* Work with Me [Life Coaching & Therapy]
A generous 'thank you' to Audio Engineer, P. Kirpikau radioplato
Podcast Theme Music: 'Aura' from the Album, Illuvia by Eternell www.eternell.net/album/illuvia