'ask dorothy' | Q & A
Self-Study IS Liberation
The WISDOM podcast Season 3 Episode 56
~ "gnōthi seauton" ~ Know Thyself ~
In this episode of ‘ask dorothy’ I answer the question: What are the characteristics and traits of those who self-actualize and who live in liberation and the freedom to be all that they can and more?
If you are here and listening, this is for you.
We live in a society and a world in which we are taught to look outside of our self for answers, for authority, for validation, for friendship, for community; for the ideals that we are taught to strive for and the timeline for accomplishing what is deemed acceptable.
Nowhere is our heart more certain than when we have found another who loves and adores us.
The gaze is always external. Even when we are asked to know ourselves, we still compare what we see with what we perceive to be the inspired ideal.
Self-actualization can be misrepresented. We may have an idea and an image of what it means to experience a state of being in which we have arrived. We are here. We are complete.
Self-actualized people have an acceptance of who they are, including what I call ‘the ego mind’ ~ the human construct that at times pulls us in to the limited ways in which we think and act and which create our suffering.
When you are self-actualized you experience a drive to be creative in all aspects of your life. This is in fact how you thrive.
Sending you great 💜 love...
Sharing the wisdom and beauty of divine love with you...
If you have a question or if you would like my guidance or help, connect with me here: email@example.com
Find all Episodes of The WISDOM podcast here
Love in your inbox? Subscribe to my weekly WISDOM Notes here
More WISDOM and LOVE right here:
* SVADHYAYA ~ Self-Study [Podcast S3 E55] * The Niyamas Series: 4/5
* TAPAS ~ Self-Discipline [Podcast S3 E53] * The Niyamas Series: 3/5
* SANTOSHA ~ Contentment [Podcast S3 E51] * The Niyamas Series: 2/5
* SAUCHA ~ Purification [Podcast S3 E49] * The Niyamas Series: 1/5
* APARIGRAHA ~ Non-Attachment [Podcast S3 E47] * The Yamas Series: 5/5
* BRAHMACHARYA ~ Non-Excess [Podcast S3 E45] * The Yamas Series: 4/5
* ASTEYA ~ Non-Stealing [Podcast S3 E43] * The Yamas Series: 3/5
* SATYA ~ Truthfulness [Podcast S3 E41] * The Yamas Series: 2/5
* AHIMSA ~ Nonviolence [Podcast S3 E39] * The Yamas Series: 1/5
* Impermanence 'ask dorothy' [Podcast Episode]
* The Yamas & Niyamas [Book by Deborah Adele]
* Live Your Greatness [Podcast Episode Season 1 Episode 1]
* How Do I Become Whole? [Podcast Episode S2 E56]
* Forgiveness IS F R E E D O M [Podcast Episode S3 E35]
* Self-Love is 'Being Love' [Podcast Episode S3 E29]
* Self-Love: A Meditation to Heal Your Life [The Wisdom Archives]
* Work with Me [Life Coaching & Therapy]
A generous 'thank you' to Audio Engineer, P. Kirpikau radioplato
Podcast Theme Music: 'Aura' from the Album, Illuvia by Eternell www.eternell.net/album/illuvia